The West of England Billiards & Snooker Foundation (WEBSF) is a not-for-profit community group which is run by a team of volunteers. We pride ourselves on providing opportunities for people of all ages and abilities to participate in billiards and snooker through coaching, tournaments and volunteering.
By providing a safe and informative environment as a platform for development, we aim to support participants realise their full potential and future aspirations.
Billiards and snooker for all
- To advance the knowledge and skill through structured coaching sessions and certificated assessment.
- Provide competition through a comprehensive programme of organised tournaments catering for different age groups and varying levels of ability.
- To attract sponsorship to the WEBSF and each player to further their career.
- To distribute all monies attracted from participation subscription, tournament entrance fees, donations and sponsorship as prize monies, certificates, badges, trophies and volunteer travelling and administration expenses.
- To adhere to the policy and guidelines documented in the WEBSF Child & Vulnerable Adults Safeguarding & Protection policies. Providing a safe environment and make every effort to protect the well-being of children, young and vulnerable adults, whilst they participate in billiards and snooker activities.
- Establish close working relationships with national billiards and snooker groups and County Billiards & Snooker Associations and leagues operating within the West of England.
“In 2004 I had a vision to create an organisation that facilitates ‘Billiards & Snooker for all’, no matter what background, standard, age, gender or ability. I could not have imagined that the WEBSF would still be operational today. It just goes to show what a small team of hard working, dedicated volunteers can achieve when working in synergy.”Steve Canniford, WEBSF Champion & Head of Coaching and Co-founder