Snooker tournament for female players
As a precautionary measure to help reduce the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19), we have postponed our coaching and tournament activity.
Find out more
Tournament date to be confirmed
Our new-look tournament is named after Thelma Carpenter (1911–1998), who was a three-time Women’s Amateur Billiards Champion, a four-time Women’s Professional Billiards Champion and a Women’s Professional Snooker Champion during an illustrious career that spanned three decades.
- We will announce when we are taking tournament entries.
- Open to all amateur players who identify as female.
- A round-robin format will be used which will determine a number of qualifiers who will go through to the knock-out round.
- The number of groups and the number of players who qualify will be decided on the day based on number of entrants.
- The tournament entry fee is £10.00 in addition to an annual tournament participation fee and is payable in advance. Find out about the ways to pay.
- 100% of tournament fees will be paid out in prize money.
- There is a 9:30am registration and the tournament will start at 10:00am.
- A basic handicap system will be in place.
Smart dark trousers or skirt and dark shoes. A choice of either a waistcoat, single colour collared shirt or blouse (bow tie or tie optional) or a single colour, collared polo shirt. Shirts or blouses must be tucked in at all times. No jeans or trainers.